Ted Rogers School of Management Fast Facts:
- Canada’s largest undergraduate management school with more than 7,000 full-time students.
- According to Ryerson University’s Progress Indicators and Related Statistics, 92.8 per cent of undergraduate Ted Rogers School of Management graduates reported being employed six months after graduation.
- Undergraduate Retail Management and Information Technology Management and the specialized MBA/MMSc in the Management of Technology and Innovation are unique-in-Canada programs.
- In September 2006, a new 210,000 square-foot building located at the corner of Dundas and Bay Streets opened and MBA programs were launched.
- Faculty members have a combination of senior corporate, government and consulting experience with solid academic credentials.
- The Business Management program offers the widest selection of majors and is the largest management program. The seven majors are Accounting, Business Law, Entrepreneurship and Strategy, Finance, Global Management Studies, Human Resources Management and Organizational Behaviour, and Marketing.
- The Hospitality and Tourism Management program is one of the largest of its kind in Canada, producing some 100 new graduates each year.
- The Information Technology Management program is the only one in Canada that integrates business management and information communications technology (ICT).
- The Retail Management program offers Canada’s only BComm degree in Retail Management. With the CEO’s of major Canadian retailers, such as Canadian Tire, Loblaws and Sears on the Advisory Council the program has created strong partnerships for its students with the retail industry.
- Entrepreneurship management is a strong focus at the management school, having one of Canada’s largest university programs in entrepreneurship. In addition to the undergraduate entrepreneurship BComm major and the MBA in the Management of Technology and Innovation, students, industry and the community benefit from the ACE/SIFE Chapter, the annual Standard Broadcasting Business Plan Competition and the new Ivanhoe Cambridge Retail Evolution Program $150,000 award.
- Graduate programs include a broad-based MBA with an international focus with specializations in Human Resources Management, International Business, Marketing, Retail and Commercial Development and an MBA and MMSc in the Management of Technology and Innovation with specializations in Media Management, Information Systems Management and Supply Chain Management.